Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Treatment Specialist Q&A
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy can regulate hormonal imbalances in the body along with several other health concerns. Learn more about the Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and its benefits at Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 296 NE Tudor Road Lee’s Summit, MO 64086.
Table of Contents:
What is bio-identical hormone replacement treatment?
What are the benefits of bio-identical hormone replacement treatment?
Who is the good candidate for bio-identical hormone replacement treatment?
Where do I get bio-identical hormone replacement treatment in Lee’s Summit MO?
The endocrine system is one of the most complex systems in the human body, responsible for the regulation of the body’s hormones. There are seven major glands in the endocrine system, each one responsible for the creation and regulation of several different hormones. These glands include the pineal gland, the hypothalamus, the pituitary gland, the thyroid, the parathyroids, the adrenal glands and the gonads (sex glands including testes and ovaries). If any one of these hormones becomes imbalanced, it can cause a wide variety of unpleasant symptoms that can negatively affect quality of life.
Bio-identical hormone replacement treatment, or BHRT, is a type of therapy that uses hormones to help resolve symptoms related to hormonal imbalances or age-related declines in hormone production. The name “bioidentical” comes from the fact that the types of hormones used are chemically identical to those produced by the human body, and therefore indistinguishable by the body.
Specific hormones that BHRT aims to increase or balance include those tied to reproduction and youth, such as estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and sometimes adrenal hormones. During perimenopause and through menopause, a woman’s body produces less of these hormones, which may lead to symptoms like fatigue, thinning bones, hot flashes/night sweats, and vaginal dryness. Various hormone therapy products are used to overcome these symptoms, but few compare to the efficacy of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, which is also proven to be safe and cause few side effects.
There are many benefits of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, including:
• Improves sex drive and reduces vaginal dryness — BHRT can help with low libido and vaginal dryness when they are caused by hormonal imbalances.
• Helps decrease hot flashes, night sweats and improves sleep — Several clinical studies have proven that BHRT is highly effective for ameliorating hot flashes and night sweats, two of the most common symptoms of menopause. This also aids in improving quality of sleep, as these two symptoms are also associated with sleep disturbances.
• Helps improve energy levels — BHRT can help improve mental clarity, motivation, alertness and sleep quality because hormones like progesterone, testosterone and DHEA have a direct link to energy levels.
• Can help protect bone health — A number of studies have found that estrogen and testosterone are beneficial for preventing bone loss, so regulating these hormonal imbalances can help protect bone health.
Signs that an individual is a good candidate for BHRT include:
• Menstrual cycles gradually ending
• Thinning hair (both the head and body)
• Lowered libido and signs like vaginal dryness
• Often weight gain, especially around the abdomen
• Exhaustion and having less energy
• Drier skin than usual
• For women, changes in body temperature, hot flashes, night sweats or other common symptoms of perimenopause and menopause
• Trouble sleeping or symptoms of mood changes
• Cognitive changes like memory problems, lack of concentration and brain fog
If you are looking for bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, come to Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice! We offer BHRT in the Lee’s Summit area, so you can take back control of your health!
At Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice, we care about your health. We are proud to offer bio-identical hormone replacement treatments to address your hormonal imbalances. Call us today to book an appointment for bio-identical hormone replacement treatment, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 296 NE Tudor Road, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Lee’s Summit MO, Cockrell MO, Blue Springs MO, Raytown MO, Grandview MO, and Avon MO.