Body Contouring Treatment Specialist Q&A
Improving your natural curves and contours by eliminating fat or tightening your skin at Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice. You can get your desired results, don’t wait and call us today or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 296 NE Tudor Road Lee’s Summit MO 64086.
Table of Contents:
Body contouring is an umbrella term that refers to a range of cosmetic surgical procedures designed to improve the appearance and shape of the body. Common body contouring procedures include liposuction, although nonsurgical procedures have surged in popularity due to their astonishing results, minimal downtime, and low risk of complications. Body contouring is performed to improve the appearance of specific areas of the body, such as the abdomen, thighs, or buttocks, by removing excess fat from these areas.
Body contouring is a group of surgical and noninvasive procedures that help to improve the appearance of the body. The procedures reshape and remove unwanted fat, skin, and other tissues to enhance the natural contours of the body and improve its physique. Some body contouring procedures are also used to minimize the appearance of scars, folds, and other irregularities on the skin. The most commonly treated areas include the abdomen, thighs, arms and buttocks.
The time is takes to see results from body contouring depends on the type of procedure used as well as several other factors unique to each patient, including:
• The areas being treated
• The condition of the areas being treated
• The patient’s individual metabolism
• The patient’s age
• The patient’s desired results
Some body contouring treatments produce results right away, while others can take up to several weeks. Certain treatments, especially ones that directly target fat cells like RF body contouring, show noticeable results immediately, then continue to improve until the full results are visible after four to eight weeks.
The frequency at which someone can receive body contouring treatments varies based on the type of procedure, the potential risks involved, the desired results, the overall health of the patient, the patient’s medical history, the presence of preexisting conditions, and certain lifestyle factors. In general, body contouring treatments should only be repeated after the results from the initial treatment have faded, which is typically around four to eight weeks, although in some cases sooner. The only way to really know how often these treatments can be repeated is by consulting with a body contouring specialist; they can evaluate the patient’s condition and, based on the desired results, develop a treatment plan that includes follow-up appointments at predetermined intervals.
In general, good body contouring candidates are:
• Adults whose weight loss has stabilized
• Healthy individuals
• Individuals with realistic goals
• Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle
• Versatile Procedure — Many body contouring treatments are very versatile and can target multiple areas of the body. This makes it convenient for patients with a number of different areas they would like addressed.
• Comfortable — Body contouring treatments are comfortable and present little to no pain; even exercising can become easier and less physically taxing after a body contouring treatment.
• Targets Stubborn Areas — We are all familiar with certain areas of the body that do not seem to respond to diet or exercise. Sometimes referred to as stubborn pockets of fat, these resilient areas can melt away with body contouring treatments.
• Noninvasive Procedure — Just a few decades ago, the only options for body contouring involved invasive procedures with long recovery times. While these are still effective today, there are dozens of alternatives that can produce the same results without any dangerous side effects or prolonged recovery periods.
• Long-Lasting Results — One of the biggest benefits of body contouring procedures is that they provide permanent results, as long as a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen are implemented.
Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice is dedicated to providing you with all of your body contouring needs. Call us today to book an appointment with our body contouring treatment specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 296 NE Tudor Road, Lee’s Summit MO 64086. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Lee’s Summit MO, Cockrell MO, Blue Springs MO, Raytown MO, Grandview MO and Avon MO.