5 Things You Need to Know Before You Get CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting provides clinically proven results with non-surgical treatments. Visit Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation today to learn more. Call us or schedule an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 296 NE Tudor Road Lee’s Summit, MO 64086.
What type of specialist does CoolSculpting?
While the service of CoolSculpting is often found at Medical Spas around the United States, it can also be advertised and offered in other clinics as well. Doctors who have medical cosmetic training in cosmetic medicine are often the specialists that provide cosmetic treatments like CoolSculpting. Our doctor at the clinic Dr. Chow Rejuvenating Center has expertise in not only cosmetic medicine but also in female medicine as an obstetrician and gynecologist. Dr. Chow provides a wide spectrum of medical care, whilst bringing in years of experience in cosmetic medicine to the clinic.
When choosing a clinic or doctor for your CoolSculpting treatment, it is best to research and review the clinic as much as possible and go over the following:
- Find a CoolSculpting specialist within a medical spa that provides a great online presence as well as information. This will provide with your some more insight into the quality of work that each medical spa provides
- Review previous patient reviews and testimonials based on their CoolSculpting experiences, this can provide you some good information on the clinic and the providers
- Choose a clinic that has a great CoolSculpting treatment track record, meaning no complications in regards to the CoolSculpting treatments
- Find a provider for CoolSculpting that provides extensive educational background in not just their CoolSculpting service but all of their services, that also has many years of experience in the cosmetic industry
- Review all of the before and after images of CoolSculpting patients, if you do not like the results from their clinic, move on
- Work with a clinic and specialists that will individualize your CoolSculpting experience
How many times can you CoolSculpt an area?
Most of our patients prefer to get multiple CoolSculpting treatments done, as each individual treatment can only do a maximum of around 20-25% of fat reduction in the area per treatment. If you want to see an average of 50% or more fat reduction, more treatments will need to be done in order to achieve those results. This is why it is best to book a consultation with the leading provider at the clinic to ask any and all questions in regards to their CoolSculpting service.
How many sessions will you require?
The number of sessions each patient will require will completely depend on the patient’s goal that they are trying to achieve when it comes to sculpting certain areas of their body. Each of our patients may be wanting a different look and may need different areas completed in order to reach the particular goal that they have in mind. CoolSculpting can only be done on one treatment area per machine at a time, if you are looking to get done multiple areas, you may need to get 3 or more treatments with upwards of 10 treatments to complete each area that you want to be done.
Difference between CoolSculpting and Liposuction?
CoolSculpting offers a non-invasive experience with high-end technology for individuals that are looking for fat reduction within specific areas. This fat reduction process is done using a method called cryolipolysis. This method can take on average of 1-3 months to see the final results of the hard work of CoolSculpting, then your body will naturally eliminate the dead fat cells from the body through bowel movements.
Liposuction is a completely different procedure, as it is a surgical procedure which is an invasive procedure that can come with severe risks. Liposuction will need to be performed within a surgical center by a licensed plastic surgeon. Some patients will need a local anesthetic when it comes to liposuction and may be prescribed pain medication after the surgery to deal with the pain. Recovery time is essential to complete heal from your liposuction surgery.
How long is the recovery period from CoolSculpting?
The great thing about CoolSculpting is it offers a non-invasive procedure option for fat reduction and you will not need any downtime or recovery after the treatment period which will be necessary with Liposuction.
There are some common side effects that you may notice once your complete a treatment of CoolSculpting, they include:
- Muscle spasms
- Fullness that can be felt in the throat if you had your neck/chin treated
If you are interested in learning more about the coolsculpting treatment or would like to book an appointment for coolsculpting, contact our clinic today or simply book an appointment online. Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice is open by appointment only Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Thursday from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. We are located at 296 NE Tudor Road Lee’s Summit, MO 64086. We serve clients from Lee’s Summit MO, Cockrell MO, Blue Springs MO, Raytown MO, Grandview MO, and Avon MO.