How do I find a Good Medical Spa?
Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice is dedicated to providing you with all of your med spa needs. Our medical spa offers dozens of different services to improve your appearance and help you look as young as you feel. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 296 NE Tudor Road Lee’s Summit, MO 64086.
Med spas, or medical spas, are dedicated clinics staffed with physicians and nurses that offer medical-grade treatments. Common treatments offered at med spas include injections composed of botulinum toxin type A and hyaluronic acid, as well as other skincare treatments, like microneedling, dermaplaning, and intense pulsed light (IPL). Med spas have seen a massive increase in popularity recently, with more clinics becoming established every day.
What are the types of spas?
Various types of spas include:
- Day Spa — Inarguably the most well-known type of spa, day spas are often what people think of when they hear the word “spa” and offer various massages, facials, saunas, and other health and relaxation treatments.
- Destination Spa — While clients at a day spa usually come and go after a few hours, people who visit a destination spa stay for at least two to three nights while undergoing treatments. This type of service provides treatments, exercises, diet programs, and educational programs, with some locations even offering up to 7 nights of stay-in service, with cuisine and other accommodations included.
- Hotel or Resort Spa — Exclusive to hotels and resorts, the purpose of this type of spa is to offer opulent options for those who want to experience facials, massage, saunas, scrubs, and other spa luxuries. This service is particularly important for travelers and businesspeople who are often stressed by their travels and daily activities.
- Medical Spa — The fastest-growing type of spa, medical spas offer treatments that are supervised by a medical professional, oftentimes a doctor. While the services offered at med spas vary per clinic, some med spas offer dozens of treatments and therapies, while others choose to opt for fewer options.
How are med spas and day spas different?
Day spas and med spas are two very different practices and each one plays an important role in meeting the needs of their clients. Med spas, or medical spas, are physician-supervised facilities that offer medical-grade treatments that are typically offered in a doctor’s office or at a plastic surgeon’s clinic. Medical spas are a relatively new concept, but are some of the most popular healthcare clinics in the United States, with over 4,200 med spas currently in operation, more than double since 2013. These clinics are owned and operated by a medical professional, most likely a physician or, in some cases, a nurse practitioner.
Day spas, on the other hand, are much different, with services that focus on inducing relaxation, rather than changing one’s appearance. Day spas offer services such as facials, massage, mud baths, and salon-type services including manicures and pedicures. Day spas are not owned and operated by a medical professional, but are oftentimes managed by a registered massage therapist. Therefore, they cannot offer medical-grade treatments.
What does a med spa do?
Med spas offer many different services, including:
- Skin Treatments
- Chemical Peels
- Vivace® RF Microneedling
- LED Therapy
- IPL Treatment
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Scar Revision
- Laser For Acne & Acne Scarring
- Medical Aesthetics
- Juvederm Ultra XC
- Juvederm Voluma
- Juvederm Volbella
- Perlane & Restylane
- PDO Thread Lift
- Laser Treatment
- Fotona 4D Laser Facelift
- Fotona IncontiLase®
- Fotona IntimaLase®
- Fotona NightLase®
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Regrowth
- Laser Treatment For Cellulite, Stretch Marks
- Body Contouring
- Fotona TightSculpting
- PDO Body Thread
- Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Hair Regrowth
- Female Rejuvenation
- Rejuvenation For Men
What are the most popular medical spa services?
Med spas offer many different popular services, and the most popular services vary from location to location. In general, the most popular med spa services include Botox (botulinum toxin type A injections), dermal fillers (hyaluronic acid injections) and microneedling (Collagen Induction Therapy). Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice is dedicated to providing you with all of your medical spa’s needs. Visit our Lee’s Summit, MO office today at 296 NE Tudor Road. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Lee’s Summit MO, Cockrell MO, Blue Springs MO, Raytown MO, Grandview MO, and Avon MO.