What are PDO Threads?
PDO thread stands for polydioxanone thread, a synthetic absorbable surgical suture, proven to be one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body. PDO threads are used to temporarily enhance the appearance of the area treated.
PDO threads can very effectively:
- Improve the quality of the skin
- Redefine the contour of the face
- Reduce roundness
- Reduce wrinkles
- Lift sagging skin in the cheeks, jowls and neck
- Enhance the volume of the lips
- Stimulate collagen production
Nova-Lyft and Nova-Mesh treatments vs Surgical Face Lift
Nova-Lyft and Nova-Mesh treatments originated from medical protocols intended to improve firmness and texture. They require minimal recovery time and no general anesthesia. Specialized gentle cannulas and fine needles deliver threads precisely and quickly to improve large or small areas effectively. Since there is no incision or stitches, scarring is virtually eliminated.
Mint Thread Lift Treatment
Mint thread lifts use minimally invasive nonsurgical threads (MINT) to tighten and lift the skin on the face, neck and jowls. These threads have distinct advantages over other threads, using a heavier gauge and patented barbs to allow the thread to give more of a lift. The threads are made of Polydioxanone (PDO) and are FDA-approved.
How does the treatment work?
PDO threads help redefine facial contours and induce collagen production. Stimulation reaches full effect about 3 months after treatment once collagen has naturally formed around the thread. A recent study by The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery showed that the thread is safely absorbed within 4-6 months, by month 7, the collagen present in the threated area increases by 100%. Results may last between 8 and 14 months.
What happens during the treatment and how long does it take?
Local anesthetic is gently injected into entry points for the threads. The PDO threads are introduced using a delicate needle or a fine microcannula. You will be able to resume everyday activities in a couple of days. Great results can also be achieved by combining PDO threads with dermal fillers or neuromodulators. Treatment time can vary between 20 and 60 minutes depending on the area treated.
When will I start seeing results?
There is an immediately noticeable improvement after the Nova-Lyft and Nova-Mesh treatments, with a visible lift and/or textural improvement. Results continue to improve over 3 months or so as new collagen forms around and between threads, proving further lifting and tightening.
What to know before and after a Mint Thread Lift?
- Before — During the procedure consultation, Dr. Chow and our friendly staff will review all of the information you need to attain exceptional results. We can address any concerns and questions you might have, develop an understanding of your desired results, and discuss the techniques and anesthesia options our doctor offers.
- The thread lift will be performed as an outpatient same-day procedure and usually takes about 1-2 hours. To help limit any potential bruising from the procedure, we recommend discontinuing use of any (blood thinning) products containing aspirin, ginseng, & green tea for two weeks prior to the procedure.
- After — The day after the procedure, our team will check in with you, and will continue to every few days to see how you are doing and answer any questions or concerns you might have. It is normal and should be expected that the treated areas feel a bit swollen and sore immediately after the procedure. Any discomfort can typically be treated with over-the-counter pain-relievers, such as acetaminophen. Please call our office immediately if you have persistent and unmanageable pain.
- After receiving a non-surgical facelift, most of our patients have returned to normal activities after a day or two. Although results are immediately visible, your body will continue to heal and produce collagen which will stabilize and produce further improvements over time!
Who is a good candidate for mint thread lift?
Mint thread lifts are perfect for both men and women with light-to-moderate sagging skin around the face, neck and jowl areas. They are great non-surgical face lifts that take less time in office and have much less downtime.
How do I get the most out of my Mint Thread Lift treatment?
Immediately following the procedure, it is best to refrain from heavy lifting or strenuous activities for 48 to 72 hours while any swelling subsides. To help with any swelling or discomfort, we will provide you with small ice packs. It is okay to gently wash your face immediately after, but it is essential to avoid pressing too hard in the treated areas. During the first month, we recommend that you are gentle with the treated area. This includes gently washing, no pulling or stretching, and no massages on the treated areas. For men, it is imperative that you do not stretch or pull at the face while shaving.
How long does mint thread lift results last?
The time frame for results of a mint thread lift will last depends on the area(s) treated and the age of the patient. However, most patients see results that last for around a year, with additional benefits (production of collagen) lasting much longer.
What are the risks or side effects of mint thread lifts?
Risks with this procedure are very minimal. Side effects can include swelling, bruising, slight discoloration and light discomfort around the treated areas. These can be treated with ice packs or over-the-counter pain relievers as needed. Dr. Chow takes all of the necessary precautions to ensure that your treatment is as effective as possible.
For a renewed and rejuvenated complexion, come to Dr. Chow’s Rejuvenation Practice for our mint thread lift today. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating sagging, drooping and loose skin with mint thread lifts and can help you realize your aesthetic desires. Call us today to book an appointment. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Lee’s Summit MO, Cockrell MO, Blue Springs MO, Raytown MO, Grandview MO, and Avon MO.